Outreach East and Aim Higher are projects funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the London Councils Grants Committee from 1 September 2016 until 30 September 2018. They support economically inactive and long-term unemployed people resident in Redbridge, Havering, Newham, Waltham Forest, Barking & Dagenham, Tower Hamlets, City of London, Camden, Hackney, Islington and Enfield.
These projects provide support to improve the employability, health, life skills, financial and social inclusion of participants through the delivery of targeted outreach, initial diagnostic assessment, action planning, personalised 1-1 information, advice and guidance, health support, money management advice, social activities, soft skills, vocational, functional skills and IT training, work placements or volunteering, access to further education or training, access to job vacancies, self-employment and/or enterprise support, support for up to 26 weeks when in work or self-employment.
These projects are led and delivered by RedbridgeCVS in partnership with a range of voluntary sector partners working across 11 boroughs in London.
Who can get help from the projects?
- Ethnic groups with low labour market participation rates
- Women facing barriers to employment
- Parents with long term work limiting health conditions
- People with mental health needs
- Homelessness and/or recovering from drug and/or alcohol addiction or misuse
- Lone parents
- Older people (50+)
To be eligible for the projects you must be:
- Aged 25 or over
- Not on the Work Programme, Work Choice or the Work and Health Programme
- Not working and
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and
- Unemployed for more than 12 months continuously or
- Economically inactive which includes looking after family and home, long-term sickness