The Streets Ahead project in Redbridge is looking for people to assist in led walks with older adults in the borough. The project aims to help older people be less isolated and more actively involved in their communities.
They are offering FREE one day walk leader training to people living or working in the borough to encourage you to use the training given to encourage everyday walking in Redbridge.
From the training you will learn the following skills:
- How to plan and structure a led walk
- How to assist with any paperwork and registers
- How to help lead walks, sometimes jointly with other walk leaders/assistants, (including acting as a “back-marker").
- How to make walks welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe, following Living Streets guidelines and requirements.
- Be able to undertake a simple risk assessment and to trouble shoot and deal with problems arising on the walks.
Following your training you will continue to get support from Living Streets plus a free goodie bag!
To book on please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07714 616 599
Wednesday 20 March 2019
Time 9.30 - 4.30pm
Ilford Town Hall 128-142 High Road Ilford IG1 1DD