Elemental has been commissioned by the Greater London Authority to specifically look at two areas of effective social prescription delivery - The role of the VCSE sector and digital solutions to support social prescribing.
This workshop is to help us to gather feedback from the VCSE sector to address the following;
- the current role of the voluntary sector in social prescribing in London, highlighting good and effective practice and successful partnerships models with the NHS, London boroughs and the voluntary sector
- the challenges and opportunities for the voluntary and community sector in respect of the objective of mainstreaming social prescribing across London
- what resources are required in terms of leadership, staff training, fundraising, technological, capacity building and other support in order to build an effective business case for voluntary and community sector organisations to engage with social prescribing
- the scope and remit of the voluntary sector to meet the needs of particular groups through social prescribing. For example, are there particular models which lend themselves more to older or younger people for example or particular hard to reach groups such as Gypsies and Travellers, BAME men and LGBT groups
- recommendations for innovative ways of effective engagement and participation of voluntary sector organisations in the development and delivery of a social prescribing strategy for London including the development of learning networks etc.
- the general funding climate for supporting the voluntary sector role in social prescribing
Phil Veasey (Community Well) is working in partnership with Elemental and leading on the VCSE element of the project.
This project will inform a larger programme of work to develop a social prescribing strategy for London which is being developed in collaboration with Healthy London Partnership, the London Social Prescribing Network, voluntary sector bodies and local authorities across London. The strategy is due to be launched in Autumn 2018.
9am - 12 noon, Thu 19 April 2018
The St Pancras and Somers Town Living Centre, 2 Ossulston Street, London NW1 1DF
Free event - register here