This is a meeting to discuss how the Forum can be more effective in promoting equality and diversity in the borough. The Forum have many good speakers and those who attend the Forum identify many issues but they have not been able to follow things up with the relevant authorities and hold those authorities to account regarding equalities where this is necessary.
Although information is sent out to about 200 people and to networks which reach much further, there are many people and organisations who have not heard of the Forum or who don't see it as relevant to them. How can the Forum reach out to more people, more communities and more equality strands?
The Forum has recently secured some funding and resources so it is timely to look at these questions so that the Forum can make a real impact.
Just to remind you of the current objectives of the Forum which they re-state in all their invitations:
The Forum seeks to bring organisations, professionals and activists in different equality strands together in order to:
- Exchange information and learn from each other
- Reduce barriers between communities – raising awareness, understanding and challenging myths
- Promote Equalities & Human Rights
- Lobby & Campaign to challenge inequalities
- Contribute to consultations by the council and other statutory bodies especially where they impact on equalities
Light refreshments will be available.
York Room, Ilford Central Library, Clements Rd, Ilford IG1 1EA
For more information, contact David Landau on 020 8551 8178 or at email@example.com