The training is provided by Redbridge Safeguarding Children Partnership and covers the following topics:
- Legal compliance in safeguarding
- Safer Recruitment
- Running safe activities and safeguarding risk assessments/ Providing safe premises for external providers holding events for vulnerable persons e.g. children and older people
- Conducting a safeguarding ‘temperature’ check on your organisation/ Introduction to NSPCC safeguarding standards and guidance
- The Role of the Safeguarding Lead
- Making an effective safeguarding referral
The session takes place in the RedbridgeCVS Meeting Room, 1st Floor, 103 Cranbrook Road, Ilford IG1 4PU.
The session is for charities and community groups, and covers work with both children and adults.
The session is free to attend.
This session is part of a series of four, which also includes:
- Exploitation of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults – Wednesday 12 February 2020
- Violence Against Women and Girls – Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Mental Health and Safeguarding – Wednesday 22 April 2020
How to book
To book for one or more of the the sessions, click here.