Visually Prepared - Breaking down barriers and realising your true potential
Are you visually impaired and want a career, an apprenticeship or go to College?
Visually Prepared is a new event aimed at people of all ages with a visual impairment, particularly those aged between 12 and 25 years, their families, friends, all teachers and social workers and others in this field.
Come and find out about:
- college, work or apprenticeship opportunities
- access training and support
- equipment to increase accessibility and independence
- what benefits, funding and grants are available
- accessible and assisted transport.
The event includes:
- Dragons’ Den sessions to give you feedback on ideas (but not funding)
- advice on CV writing
- inspiring story telling about accessibility
- stalls to try and handle equipment
- help to apply for transport and benefits
- accessible computer games to try
- 25 stalls for advice on topics like equipment, education, employment and support
- taster workshops
The event takes place at Redbridge Institute, Gaysham Ave, Ilford IG2 6TD