Sunday, 6 October, 2024
15 hours over 2 days
Healthy Living Projects Limited is looking for an organised and experienced administrator to take care of the charity's finances.
- To make payments from our bank account and complete audit trail forms as required.
- To undertake any administration relating to payments in general including direct debits and any other electronic transfer of funds.
- To raise and send invoices for amounts owed to Healthy Living Projects Limited and ensure such debts are settled.
- To undertake any administration relating to receipts of funds in general including completing the relevant audit trail forms.
- To undertake administration relating to weekly project monies in and out and take balances to bank.
- To bank all surplus monies and other banking tasks as necessary.
- To raise journals as necessary and complete the relevant audit trail forms.
- To post all transactions on to QuickBooks software accounting package.
- To undertake orderly filing of source documentation and other financial paperwork.
- To carry out bank reconciliations on QuickBooks software accounting package.
- To produce reports from QuickBooks software accounting package for funders and other stakeholders as required.
- To work with Projects Manager and Treasurer of Board on producing annual budgets by funding stream and entry of these budgets on to the QuickBooks software accounting package for quarterly management accounts reporting against budgets.
- To produce quarterly management accounts for directors meetings including written narrative report, liaising with the Treasurer of Board as necessary.
- To undertake administration of monthly payroll, liasing with Projects Manager, Payroll Bureau and HM Revenue & Customs and other statutory authorities as necessary. (Includes liasing with Payroll Bureau at the end of the tax year re year-end return to HM Revenue & Customs.)
- To undertake work relating to production of year-end statutory financial statements and independent scrutiny. Liasing with independent examiners and Treasurer of Board as necessary.
- To perform any other duties relating to the financial administration of Healthy Living Projects Limited as and when necessary.
- The finance worker shall carry out these duties in such a way as to ensure that no individual or organisation is discriminated against in any way by nature of their ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other reason.
- The Finance Worker will be based at the offices of Healthy Living Projects Limited. The position is part time, 15 hours per week over two days. From time to time it may be necessary to work additional hours.
- The Finance Worker must be prepared to undertake training appropriate to the post.
- Excellent personal organisation, high degree of initiative as well as the ability to follow set procedures and work in conjunction with others.
- Excellent numerate ability.
- Good communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Experience of financial administration.
- A working knowledge of computerised systems.
- Knowledge of using a software accounting package such as QuickBooks.
- A commitment to the ethos of Healthy Living Projects.
- Relevant accountancy / bookkeeping qualifications and / or experience.
- Experience of the voluntary sector, especially an appreciation of the value of the voluntary sector.
- An understanding of financial administration under different funding streams/ departments.