OneSource has created a new forum to address social and financial exclusion in the area of East London and influence local policy. They are keen to get representation from Redbridge which is currently under-represented.
The overview and the aims of the East London Financial Inclusion Forum are detailed below:
East London boroughs rank among the poorest according to the Indices of Multiple Deprivation.
To help change this, they will be holding quarterly meetings to examine the way in which financial exclusion affects local residents such as the following:
- Financial Capability/Wellbeing
- Access to banking
- Exclusion from mainstream financial services
This will help determine the best ways:
- To represent people who are financially excluded and raise awareness of the issues that face them with local services and local government.
- To improve access to money advice and financial capability resources and promote financial capability as part of the journey out of poverty.
They have identified the following partners and are looking for more to join.
- oneSource Welfare
- Fair finance
- Citizens Advice (East End)
- Community links
- Money A+E
- Age UK
- London and Quadrant Housing
- Peabody Trust
- Primary Care Trust
- Adult Social Care
If you or your organisation would be interested in participating and contributing or to attend their first meeting on the 24th August (Via Zoom) where Redbridge Council will be taking part, email Nick Ward on Nick.Ward@newham.gov.uk or call 20 3373 1919.