Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest has launched Safe Connections, a new collaborative service providing local support to people facing suicide.
Mind CHWF is offering suicide prevention training to organisations, communities, groups, and frontline workers across North East London.
The aim of this training is to provide organisations with the tools, knowledge and confidence to provide support to someone who is feeling suicidal.
- Highlight the importance of listening
- Offer basic ‘dos and don’ts’
- Create a rare opportunity to talk openly about suicide
- Help participants understand the mental health drivers that can cause suicidal thoughts
- Help participants recognise the early signs that someone may be feeling suicidal.
The training is free and will be carried out over Zoom.
The training lasts 2 hours and will give you the confidence to support someone considering suicide.
Training sessions will run once a month with the next session on 8th September 12-2pm.
Places on this training are limited. Email if you are interested, or call Mind CHWF on 020 985 4239.