Bags of Help is a funding stream using money raised from the sale of carrier bags. The funding is used by Tesco to pay for a large number of local projects in communities across England, Wales and Scotland.
There are three grants available up to £4000. The types of projects funded can very broad, this could range from:
- Purchasing items, which will benefit local community groups e.g sports kit, arts and crafts
- Improvements to a building that benefits local community e.g church, changing facilities for sport
- Developing an outdoor space area, allotment, school grounds
- Running a community event
- Supporting seasonal activities or celebrations
Voting rounds take place every two months. Currently Redbridge do not have many applications for the March/April public vote. Therefore if projects are eligible it is very likely they will be selected for that period.
For more information, including a short eligibility quiz, see here.