Planning Aid for London (PAL) is providing free advice and training on town planning to communities and people who cannot afford professional support. This helps residents to influence decisions on new housing, regeneration, parks, schools, surgeries, pollution and more.
The advice and training is provided by professional planners. PAL also publishes guides and other resources that explain how the planning system works and what your rights are within it.
Examples of questions you might want to ask include:
- Why is there so much new development in my area?
- Can I put together a plan for my own community?
- What is neighbourhood planning?
- How do I make a comment on a planning application?
- How do I apply for planning permission?
- How do I take part in the preparing of policies by the council?
- What do I need to appeal against a refusal of planning permission?
- How do I make a representation at a planning committee?
Further details about these services can be found on the organisation’s website.