A new Covid testing centre has opened at Mildmay centre’s car park:
• It will be open 7 days a week (starting in the afternoons only to test it for the first couple of days, then moving to 10am to 5pm, then moving to 8am to 8pm).
• The testing centre opened on Wednesday 15th July and is based at Mildmay Car park.
• It is a walk-in centre so no car is needed.
• You can book an appointment through the national portal (dialling 119 or going online gov.uk), the Wellbeing Service can help book a test for you, or you can walk in and register there and then if they have slots available.
• It is for anyone who is experiencing symptoms (although if you are shielding you should use the NHS test route).
• Anyone under 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult.
• You need to wear a face covering to attend, and need confirmation of your appointment of you book in advance or photo ID. If you don’t have ID or are worried about sharing that, the council can book your appointment for you without you needing to show it at the test site.
For further information on testing in Redbridge please click here.