More training, all free and local
This happened as a result of responses to the Safeguarding Survey
Thank you to all who completed the LSCB questionnaire on safeguarding training during the summer.
From your responses, the key SAFEGUARDING topics that emerged were:
- Safeguarding in Organisations
- Violence Against Women and Girls
- Safeguarding Adults
- Mental Health & Safeguarding
You also told the LSCB that the barriers that prevent your participation in training were:
- organisational resources
- not being able to free up staff
- pressure of work
- and staff capacity
The LSCB are seeking to overcome these by:
- providing these particular safeguarding events free of charge
- in a local venue in the Town Centre.
- spacing them across a 3-month period
- held on different days of the week, avoiding Monday and Fridays, to support accessibility.
You overwhelmingly told us that you would prefer one day events during the week. As a result of your feedback, we will be planning a series of training events to raise awareness of the issues surrounding these key topics. We hope to be able to share full information with you by the end of the year and for the events to take place between January and March 2020.
If you would like any further information at this stage, please contact Lesley Perry, Manager, Redbridge Safeguarding Adult Board (Lesley.Perry@redbridge.gov.uk). In the meantime, please continue to access both the RedbridgeCVS training opportunities and those multi-agency opportunities offered by through the Local Authority (Learning.Development@redbridge.gov.uk) and the LSCB Training Programme.