We've now been able to confirm speakers for our free Premises Management workshop.
This workshop for charities and community groups is free to participants and consists of
- a half-day’s training from 10am-1pm, followed by
- a networking lunch from 1-1.30pm and
a confidential 1:1 advice clinic from 1.30-3.30pm with property professionals, who are experts in charity property.
Gordon Ludlow, Senior Property Adviser
Gordon has the benefit of over 30 years’ senior property & FM profession experience within industry, higher education, local government and the charity sectors. Gordon has also worked as a consultant and been the MD of a small FM contracting company. As a volunteer Gordon has served as a Non-Exec Director for the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) and chaired their Sustainability special interest group. Expertise includes formulating & implementing strategies that provide effective sustainable working environments. Gordon also has a long track record of successful capital, relocation and procurement project management.
The training session
The training session covers the following topics:
- Your trustee responsibilities in the management of land and buildings
- Understanding your asset
- Applying the principles of effective maintenance management
- Managing all risks involved in managing property
- Letting premises, manage tenants and negotiate with your own landlords
- Identifying opportunities to save money and generate income
About compliance and legal issues
Time and Venue
10am to 3:30pm, Wednesday 6 March
Vine Church, Riches Rd, Ilford IG1 1JH
To book a place, go to this Eventbrite page
Contact Colin Wilson at RedbridgeCVS on 020 3874 4135 with any queries. Please note that I don't work on Tuesdays.
Training provided by the Ethical Property Foundation