The Forward Trust is offering a rolling programme, ‘Get Greener, Get Digital, Get a Job’, in partnership with the construction employers Higgins, Morgan Stanley, Sindal and Galliford Try.
The programme is for unemployed Londoners, aged 19 and above, who want a rewarding career in the sustainability, green and construction sectors.
The programme is 10 days long , spread over three weeks, and offers two qualifications alongside a guaranteed interview with one of the partnership employers. Enrolment is every day from October 2021 onwards and the programme starts on a weekly basis.
Sessions can be undertaken remotely or in-person at the Ripple Centre, Barking IG11 7PR.
Topics covered on the programme will include:
- Using and managing information
- Understanding climate change, sustainability and environmental protection
- Keeping yourself and others safe when using digital devices
- Understanding industry and the environment
- Communicating and collaborating online
- Understanding resource efficiency and waste management
- Digital career development.
Upon completion, learners will be awarded NCFE Level 2 Certificates in Digital Skills for Work and Understanding Climate Change/ Environmental Awareness.
For further details, email Muhammad Ahmed. Also see the attached information sheet.