Redbridge Children’s Centres are passionately committed to giving children the best start in life. We support families and child development through our activities and sessions such as ‘Busy Babies,’ and ‘English Conversation.’ We aim to make disadvantaged families achieve positive outcomes.
We recognise the right that people have to participate in the life of their communities through volunteering. It also acknowledges that volunteers contribute in many ways, that their contribution is unique and that volunteering can benefit users of services, staff, local communities and the volunteers themselves. Redbridge Children’s Centres value the contribution made by volunteers and is committed to involving volunteers in appropriate positions and in ways which are encouraging, supportive and which develop volunteering. We understand that volunteers are people who, unpaid and of their own free will, contribute their time, energy and skills to benefit the community.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers who are interested in working with families and children aged 0- 5years. Volunteers will work alongside our admin/ reception staff to support them with the day to day running of the Children’s Centres.
Admin Assistant – to help with day to day running of the Children’s Centre. This will be through:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Supporting admin staff to keep diaries, arrange meetings and appointments
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes;
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment;
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post;
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- To demonstrate and promote the vision of the children’s centre
Admin assistant will be responsible to the Children’s Centre Assessment & Progress Officer.
Skills, attributes, experience and qualifications:
- Good level of spoken English
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel Powerpoint, however we can upskill you in this area
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
You will need to be 18+ with a good understanding of confidentiality
Benefits to the volunteer
This role will allow you to gain new skills such as:
- A higher proficiency in using software packages.
- You will also learn how to use a CRM database.
- You will gain experience in dealing with public queries and develop a new knowledge through local authority training.
- This experience and knowledge can aid you in finding a new job.
- Be a part of our Volunteer awards
- Recevie a basic reference.
- complete application form,
- attend formal interview,
- Volunteering tester
No DBS check required
References are not required at the discretion of the centre.
Role is not exempt from Rehabilitation Offenders Act of 1974.
Support for volunteers:
- Volunteer handbook
- Regular supervision
- Compulsory online training: Data protection, Information Security 2017, Sickness Absence, Introduction to health and safety, Introduction to Equality and Diversity, Your personal committment, Your professional commitment, Customer service Parts 1 & 2.
- We can provide a volunteering buddy and we will try to accommodate for any volunteers with additional needs.