Children’s Centres are a one-stop shop for young children and parents, providing access to family health care, advice and guidance about bringing up children, early education and childcare. Children’s Centres also have links to career and employment services to support parents who want to return to work or find training opportunities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers who are interested in working with families and children aged 0- 5years. Volunteers will work alongside our admin/ reception staff to support them with the day to day running of the Children’s Centre at either Orchard or Cranbrook.
Previous admin and reception experience would be ideal. You must have a good level of English and good communication skills. Applicants should be enthusiastic and motivated and willing to help and work as part of a team. Tasks will include:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Supporting admin staff to keep diaries, arrange meetings and appointments
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes;
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts;
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment;
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post;
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- To demonstrate and promote the vision of the children’s centre
You will need to be 18+ with a good understanding of confidentiality
There is a mandatory induction training course, covering Safeguaring and other aspects of volunteering in a Children's Centre,
Application process: complete application form, attend interview, have DBS check