Rainham Hall is open following a £2.5 million conservation project. This charming house is one of the country’s finest examples of an early 18th century merchant’s home. It is just two minutes’ walk from Rainham Station, in the heart of the village. With engaging installations and a year-round programme of exhibitions and events, there is something for all ages. Rainham Hall has been home to a richly diverse cast of characters.
Imagine a world without cakes! Café volunteers understand the importance of a little sit-down, and help visitors to relax, refuel and refresh during their visit to Rainham Hall. Rainham Hall has only recently opened so it's an exciting time to join us! Our Café Volunteers welcome people, sell entrance tickets as well as help prepare and serve food and drink with a smile.
- Keeping the restaurant clean and tidy, clearing tables, using the dishwasher and helping with the end of day clean up are important aspects too so that it is a lovely space to be in.
- Getting to know and following food hygiene and café procedures, so we take care of visitors’ health and safety.
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures.
The volunteer will:
- Use your smile and customer service skills, so people feel at home while helping us raise vital funds to continue our work looking after special places like Rainham Hall.
- Join an enthusiastic team and make new friends.
- Develop your hospitality skills and put them into practice.
- Full of enthusiasm!
- Passion for great customer service and willingness to learn.
- Someone who loves being around people – visitors and other volunteers of all ages.
- Someone who is able to communicate and chat with visitors and can make them feel welcome – we love it when visitors tell us Rainham Hall feels like home.
Age : 16+
Disabled access: No
Insurance in place to cover volunteers: Yes
Mandatory Training : Yes
Selection Process : Application form and interview
DBS Check : No
References : Yes, 1 reference from someone who is not related, but has known the volunteer through work, volunteering or in some other formal capacity for at least 6 months