Women on the Frontline Ministries is a Christian led charity established in November 2012 by founder Sophia Burley. We have a passion to reach out and help make a difference in the lives of women involved in prostitution, vulnerable women and those at risk of sexual exploitation. As an organisation we want women to know their self-worth, know they have choices, empower them to overcome barriers to change and for them to know that we are an organisation that cares about their well being, will treat them with love, respect and a non-judgemental attitude.
About the role
We are looking for volunteers to provide an outreach service to vulnerable women mainly working in street based prostitution as part of our Safe Women’s Project.
The volunteer needs to be reliable, caring, sympathetic, consistent and dependable with empathy towards our client group and the ability to be non-judgemental, person centred with a willingness to learn.
Experience, skills and attributes needed
- We are looking for female volunteers for this role, over 18 with a mature outlook.
- Good interpersonal and communication, listening skills
- Good time management
- The ability to work well with others
What this role offers for volunteers
- Working as part of a committed team
- Increase awareness of social justice issues involving sexually exploited victims
- Gain experience in helping to provide support to vulnerable women and engage them back into society
- References provided
- Christian values in action
- Training provided
- Supervision provided.
- Referrals will include a short explanation of why the potential volunteer would like to volunteer
- Applicants will then be contacted to complete an application form
- 2 references from people not related to you, who have known you for at least 6 months through work, education, or pastoral activities.
- DBS check: No
- Length of recruitment process: May take up to 4 weeks processing time depending on receipt of references.
- Induction, training and supervision: We provide training on risk management and delivering outreach and you will also have a chance to shadow the team.