About the role
Positive East, a Stepney Green-based charity on the Mile End Road, is looking for volunteers to assist in the meeting, greeting and assisting both walk in beneficiaries to their offices as well as telephone inquiries.
The charity provides a wide range of services to people living with and affected by HIV. It serves some 2000 clients a year and in order to provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere it is looking for people who would like to get involved.
The role can vary from staffing the reception (front of house) desk in the lobby to administration tasks in the back-office to guiding drop-in visitors. So there is plenty of scope for all different types of roles.
You will be based at our Positive East office in Stepney, and travel and meal expenses will be covered. You will be part of a team working alongside other volunteers overseeing the day to day organisation of a busy reception service.
Skills, experience and attributes needed
- You will need to be reliable, motivated and enthusiastic
- You will need a warm and welcoming approach, excellent customer service skills and good admin skills for this role
The role would suit people looking to get involved with our clients, who have some spare time that they would like to use constructively. The age requirement for this opportunity is 18+
What this role offers to volunteer
- Experience of working on reception and learning how to run a modern telephone switch board
- Experience of dealing with service users/customer service.
- Ability to learn how to achieve multiple tasks
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Interpersonal face to face and telephone skills
- Good oral communications skills which are effective and persuasive
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Organizational skills
- We provide references after three months of voluntary service
Application process: Complete an application form, provide 2 references from colleagues or friends, have an interview, have a Disclosure and Barring Service check
Disabled access: Yes
Support and training provided: Training provided during volunteering time