Rainham Hall is open following a £2.5 million conservation project. This charming house is one of the country’s finest examples of an early 18th century merchant’s home. It is just two minutes’ walk from Rainham Station, in the heart of the village. With engaging installations and a year-round programme of exhibitions and events, there is something for all ages. Rainham Hall has been home to a richly diverse cast of characters.
About the role
You will be part of team in the Hall engaging visitors with the exhibition. You might be talking about rationing and recipes one day or welcoming visitors through our big front door the next.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- You will be an important part of making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures.
- You will have the opportunity to inspire our visitors with your enthusiasm and help them understand what is so wonderful about Rainham Hall.
Experience, skills and attributes needed
- Full of enthusiasm!
- Passionate about places and eager to learn the stories Rainham Hall has to tell
- Someone who loves being around people – visitors and other volunteers of all ages
- Someone who is able to communicate and chat with visitors and can make them feel welcome – we love it when visitors tell us Rainham Hall feels like home.
The minimum age requirement for this role is 16+
What this role can offer for volunteers
- Develop people skills and welcome and inspire visitors from all over the world, inviting them to explore Rainham and discover its story.
- See National Trust properties from a whole new perspective.
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team and make some new friends.
- Be part of an amazing team of friendly and welcoming volunteers.
- A reference for future employers or volunteering opportunities.
Recruitment process: Complete an application form and attend an interview
DBS check required: No
References required: Yes, one reference from someone who is not related, but has known the volunteer through work, volunteering or in some other formal capacity for at least 6 months
Mandatory training: Yes
Disabled access: No