Valentines Mansion is a Grade II* listed country house with historic gardens located just 30 minutes from Central London. With a recreated Victorian kitchen, together with other period furnished rooms, picturesque historic gardens and a special events calendar, it makes a great day out for all.
To run our public Open days and to support with Mansion events throughout the year.
Ideally, we would like enthusiastic people who enjoy historic building/venues, who have a positive and friendly attitude when welcoming visitors to the Mansion. We put on a lot of events especially during holidays and half terms and rely on our volunteers to oversee children’s Craft Activities, as well as supporting us on our fayres in the Mansion throughout the year.
Our volunteers are a crucial element in the running of our Open days and help us ensure that every visitor has a pleasant experience.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting visitors in reception and direct around building
- Supporting on Open days, Fayres and Mansion Events
- Support with children’s events overseeing and helping children to take part
- Volunteers will be expected to make their presence known to the public and frequently walk around the house to ensure that rooms are monitored to help deter theft in rooms where there are valuable/antique items.
- Running of our pop up shop. Generally the shop area is manned by volunteers who would be in charge of looking after stock and ensuring stock is not stolen or damaged.
- If interrested give guided tours
Skills, attributes, experience and qualifications
- Enjoy socialising
- Experience in a work environment
- Experience of team working
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Good communications skills
- Mobile able to move between the rooms
- Minimum age: 18+
Benefits to volunteer
- Boosting confidence
- Opportunity for socialising
- Being part of a team
- Celebration event
- Training on use of till
- Basic reference after one month's service.
Support for volunteers:
- All volunteers will be provided with some training with the support from our volunteers. Health and Safety training is compulsory and will be shown/provided before volunteers start.
- A duty manager is always on site.
- Application form
- Informal intterview
- DBS check required
- One reference from either a friend or professional to cover a minimum period of 3 months
- Average length of recruitment two weeks