Look Ahead supports thousands of people across London and the South East with a diverse range of needs, helping them to make individual choices, achieve goals and take control of their own lives by providing tailor-made support, care and accommodation services.
The purpose of the role is to support our staff in supporting our customers and add value to our services. The particular role and duties are tailored to the volunteer’s abilities and to the service’s requirements.
Duties range from providing companionship, to leading on activity groups such as coffee mornings and art groups, to arranging and attending appointments with customers, to assisting staff with reception duties and health and safety checks.
Skills, attributes, experience and qualifications
- Age requirement: 18+
- No qualifications are required, but are very welcomed, as are those with lived experience of vulnerabilities.
- Lived experience of vulnerabilities with stability over at least a six month period, be that mental health or substance abuse abstinence.
- The role will be tailored to your expertise and knowledge.
- We require motivated, well intentioned individuals who are able to commit to long term volunteering, as due to the vulnerable nature of our customers, continuity and reliability are essential.
- Volunteers must have emotional insight and compassion, as well as a boundary approach.
Benefits for volunteer
- Condensed version of the training support workers receive.
- A trained supervisor who will assist you in your development.
- Be part of a service’s team and have exposure to working practices.
- Enriching our customer’s lives and adding value to the care we can provide.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings with fellow peer volunteers and share good practices and ideas.
- Access to further training.
- Possibility to transition into other volunteering opportunities.
- Possibility to transition into paid employment as an agency support worker following a successful six month placement.
- Invitation to celebration events.
- Basic reference - our reference can be provided at any stage and will confirm the post held and length of time.
- Complete application form
- Formal interview held at our Westminster head office (SW1P 3HQ)
- Complete our seven week induction training consisting of seven full day sessions. You will learn about the industry, the organisation, how we work, and why, and about the vulnerabilities we support (also held at head office). This runs four times a year. As such, depending on what time of year one applies, one may need to wait a few months for the training to commence.
- DBS check required
- References: Two references are required from either professionals or through education. If the volunteer is/has received support themselves, their support worker, care coordinator or other professional can also provide a reference.
- If successfully completed, you will be allocated a supervisor in one of our 120 services, based on our customer’s and staff’s needs, as well as the volunteer’s needs.
- Support needs of the volunteer are determined and tailored on a case by case basis.