Children’s Centres are a one-stop shop for young children and parents, providing access to family health care, advice and guidance about bringing up children, early education and childcare. Children’s Centres also have links to career and employment services to support parents who want to return to work or find training opportunities.
We are recruiting Play and Learning Support Assistants to work closely with family support workers and partners to carry out a wide range of services for children and families based on local need. You will assist family support workers to develop and provide high quality services for children and families in the local community and to improve outcomes for all children.
- assisting family support workers to deliver a range of services for children and families in the local community, by responding to local needs, engaging, involving and consulting with parents, carers, the community and partners to provide high quality services.
- helping with record keeping and monitoring
- referring families to Family Support Workers if families require any additional information, advice and support
- promoting Public Health and the PCT in healthy lifestyles, childhood screening and immunisation programmes and early interventions to address identified needs including speech and language difficulties
- organising and setting up rooms ready for interactive play sessions
- helping family support workers to put equipment away and tidy activity room after interactive play sessions
- providing a wide range of information and advice based on local need and to include the information services of Families Information Direct
In this role you will be required:
• To promote and adhere to the LBR equal opportunities and cultural diversity policy
• To be able to form good working relationships with staff and able to work within a team
• To be able to communicate information about Children’s Centre users in a confidential and appropriate manner
• To have a good understanding of under 5 activities to engage both parents and children in play – including storytelling, singing and learning activities.
There is a mandatory induction training course, covering Safeguaring and other aspects of volunteering in a Children's Centre,
Application process: complete application form, attend interview, have DBS check