Our mission is to save lives by providing knowledge information and support on Mental Health issues, sign posting where to get help. Our activities include workshops / presentations in schools to children, parents and teachers. We are also holding awareness local events, and libraries, universities and colleges.
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to organise and promote our events.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Calling/ emailing schools about our projects. Keeping a record and feedback.
- Calling / emailing youth centres and communities about our projects arrange meeting and events. Keeping all records.
- Organise and prepare events.
- Organise the equipment and store.
Experience, skills and attributes needed
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Have good communication skills - able to cold call organisations to promote the work we do.
- Have good organising skills.
- Be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Need access to their own computer and internet.
What this role can offer for volunteers
- The volunteer will gain skills and experience in communication.
- Will increase skills in events organising.
- Experience in record keeping.
- Gain experience in maintaining and storage of equipment.
- References can be provided.
- Referral and meeting by telephone or in person
- References required: Reference from a previous place of volunteering/work or from unrelated person who has known them.
- Induction given: Yes
- Mandatory training: No
- Other training: No
- Support and supervision: By an office manager
- Selection process: By informal discussion and trial period of two volunteering days
- DBS check required: No