Rainham Hall is open following a £2.5 million conservation project. This charming house is one of the country’s finest examples of an early 18th century merchant’s home. It is just two minutes walk from Rainham Station, in the heart of the village. With engaging installations and a year-round programme of exhibitions and events, there is something for all ages. Rainham Hall has been home to a richly diverse cast of characters.
About the role
We need to give a warm welcome to Rainham Hall visitors, as well as any information visitors will need to get on their visit. We need to ensure the reception area is well presented. You will use your smile and communication skills to help people feel at home, and also help us meet our membership targets so we can continue doing great work.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide a warm welcome to Rainham Hall visitors
- Provide accurate and important information visitors will need to get the most out of their day
- Help insure that the reception area is inviting, up to date and a hub of activity
- Your people communication skills are required to help people feel at home
- Help us meet our membership targets so we can continue doing great work.
Experience, skills and attributes needed
- Full of enthusiasm!
- Someone who loves being around people – visitors and other volunteers of all ages
- Someone who is able to communicate and chat with visitors and can make them feel welcome – we love it when visitors tell us Rainham Hall feels like home.
The minimum age requirement for this role is 16+
What this role can offer for volunteers
- Develop people skills and welcome and inspire visitors from all over the world, inviting them to explore Rainham and discover its story
- See National Trust properties from a whole new perspective
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team and make some new friends
- Be part of an amazing team of friendly and welcoming volunteers
- A reference for future employers or volunteering opportunities.
Recruitment process: Complete an application form and attend an interview
DBS check required: No
References required: Yes, one reference from someone who is not related, but has known the volunteer through work, volunteering or in some other formal capacity for at least 6 months
Mandatory training: Yes
Disabled access: No.