Rainham Hall is open following a £2.5 million conservation project. This charming house is one of the country’s finest examples of an early 18th century merchant’s home. It is just two minutes’ walk from Rainham Station, in the heart of the village. With engaging installations and a year-round programme of exhibitions and events, there is something for all ages. Rainham Hall has been home to a richly diverse cast of characters.
We need to give a warm welcome to Rainham Hall, as well as any important information visitors will need to get the most out of their day. We also need to ensure the reception area is inviting, up to date and a hub of activity. You will use your smile and communication skills to help people feel at home, and also help us meet our membership targets so we can continue doing great work.
The volunteer will:
- Develop people skills and welcome and inspire visitors from all over the world, inviting them to explore Rainham and discover its story.
- See National Trust properties from a whole new perspective.
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team and make some new friends.
Be part of an amazing team of friendly and welcoming volunteers.
- Full of enthusiasm!
- Someone who loves being around people – visitors and other volunteers of all ages.
- Someone who is able to communicate and chat with visitors and can make them feel welcome – we love it when visitors tell us Rainham Hall feels like home.
Age : 18+
Disabled access: No
Insurance in place to cover volunteers: Yes
Mandatory Training : Yes
Selection Process : Application form and interview
DBS Check : No
References : Yes, 1 reference from someone who is not related, but has known the volunteer through work, volunteering or in some other formal capacity for at least 6 months