Fit for Fun provides 20 weeks of free exercise classes for voluntary and community sector groups, or groups of families or friends, in Redbridge.
Interested in taking part?
- Any group of 10 or more people are eligible. All ages welcome (under school age children need to be with a parent/carer).
- Groups apply to take part by choosing a healthy activity they want to do and are matched to a fully qualified and vetted instructor.
- Sessions last for an hour and feedback from all the groups shows that they have fun!
- Activities which groups are undertaking include yoga, Tai Chi, chair based exercise, line dancing, keep fit, dance, aerobics, bhangra dance, hooping, legs tums & bums, street dance and basketball.
- Our monitoring and evaluation have shown real results in participants' general health and well-being, and have revealed how participants want to keep on improving their health as they begin to feel better and fitter
We also explore ways to sustain the exercise activity with groups during the programme to ensure that they can continue with their activity after the 20 free weeks have finished. The majority of groups carrying on beyond the funded period have done so through self funding. We have supported others to make successful applications for grants from several funding sources to continue with the exercise.
The video below tells you all about the project.
Report for funders
Our 2017-18 report includes lots of detail and statistics about how the project works.
Fit for Fun Project Manager
020 3874 4134
Fit for Fun Outreach Worker
020 3874 4131