Fit for Fun provides 20 weeks of free exercise classes for voluntary and community sector groups, or groups of families or friends, in Redbridge.
Interested in taking part?
- Any group of 10 or more people are eligible. All ages welcome (under school age children need to be with a parent/carer).
- Groups apply to take part by choosing a healthy activity they want to do and are matched to a fully qualified and vetted instructor.
- Sessions last for an hour and feedback from all the groups shows that they have fun!
- Activities which groups are undertaking include yoga, tai chi, chair based exercise, line dancing, keep fit, aerobics, bhangra dance, hooping, legs tums & bums, street dance and more.
- We know from experience that the project has real results in participants' general health and well-being, and participants want to keep on improving their health as they begin to feel better and fitter.
We also explore ways to sustain the exercise activity with groups during the programme to ensure that they can continue with their activity after the 20 free weeks have finished. The majority of groups carrying on beyond the funded period have done so through self funding. We have supported others to make successful applications for grants from several funding sources to continue with the exercise.
Responding to Covid-19
It's really important to be active at the moment – it helps with both your physical health and mental well-being. So we've adapted Fit for Fun – but your group still chooses the activity, day and time, and the emphasis is still on having fun.
- You can take part from your own home using Zoom – everyone taking part will need access to the internet and a smartphone, laptop, computer or tablet.
- Or you can meet up face to face, at a venue of your choice or in your local park. If meeting at a venue you will need to adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines of the venue.
Fit for Fun’s Healthy Eating Project will give voluntary & community groups two free, interactive Healthy Eating sessions to:
- Accompany their physical activity sessions
- Assist you in making healthier eating choices to improve your general health and wellbeing.
Sessions will be delivered either face to face or online via Zoom by qualified Healthy Eating Practitioners.
Fit for Fun Project Manager
020 3874 4134
Fit for Fun Outreach Worker
020 3874 4131
The video below tells you all about the project.
Reports for funders
The reports below include lots of detail and statistics about how the project works.