RedbridgeCVS is funded by the Mayor’s Office for Policing & Crime (MOPAC) to administer the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board (RSNB).
Priorities and Core Functions
The priorities and core functions of the Board are to:
- enable local engagement with the Police;
- enable local accountability of the police;
- focus on the Police and Crime Plan key principles and priorities - putting victims first and reducing inequalities; keeping children and young people safe; tackling violence against women and girls and tackling hate crime and intolerance.
- monitor crime performance and public perceptions (community confidence);
- inform the development of policing priorities in the borough;
- monitor MPS support for the delivery of ward panels and community contact sessions; and
- engage with Borough Independent Advisory Groups and other local mechanisms e.g. Neighbourhood Watch and Stop and Search Community Monitoring Groups to support and inform their work across the borough.
The current membership of the Board is:
- Cllr Khayer Chowdhury - Cabinet Member for Crime, Safety & Community Cohesion
- Chief Inspector Mark Long - Metropolitan Police Service
- Inspector Lee Canter - Safer Neighbourhood Team, Metropolitan Police Service
- Head of Civic Pride & Enforcement, London Borough of Redbridge
- Habib Rehman - Chair of the Police Independent Advisory Group
- Simon McKenzie - Representative of Independent Custody Visitor Panel
- Tarun John Singh - Victim Support
- Julie Bradley - Stop & Search Community Monitoring Group
- 2 Representatives of Redbridge Youth Council
Ward Panel Representatives
- Lucky Azfal
- Noel Judge
- Sadayeen Khan
Voluntary and Community Groups
Voluntary and Community Sector organisations are represented as follows:
- AgeUK Redbridge
- Frenford Clubs
- One Place East
- Redbridge Equalities & Community Council
- Redbridge Faith Forum
- Redbridge Pensioners Forum
- Refugee & Migrant Forum of Essex and London
There are vacancies for groups working around substance abuse and working with LGBT+ people.
The RSNB meets 4 times a year and all meetings are held in public. Non-members of the Board may raise questions for a limited time at the end of each agenda.
Officers and Administrator
The Chair of the Board is Noel Judge representing Chadwell and Seven Kings Ward Panels.
The Vice-chair of the Board is Julie Bradley, representing Valentines Ward Panel.
The Administrator for the Board is Jemma Bicknell, RedbridgeCVS - email@example.com
If you would like any further information about the work of the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board, please contact Jemma Bicknell on 07458 074 752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org