RedbridgeCVS is funded by the Mayor’s Office for Policing & Crime (MOPAC) to administer the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board (RSNB).
Priorities and Core Functions
The priorities and core functions of the Board are to:
- enable local engagement with the Police;
- enable local accountability of the police;
- focus on the Police and Crime Plan key principles and priorities - putting victims first and reducing inequalities; keeping children and young people safe; tackling violence against women and girls and tackling hate crime and intolerance.
- monitor crime performance and public perceptions (community confidence);
- inform the development of policing priorities in the borough;
- monitor MPS support for the delivery of ward panels and community contact sessions; and
- engage with Borough Independent Advisory Groups and other local mechanisms e.g. Neighbourhood Watch and Stop and Search Community Monitoring Groups to support and inform their work across the borough.
The current membership of the Board is:
- Cllr Khayer Chowdhury - Cabinet Member for Crime, Safety & Community Cohesion
- Chief Inspector Lisa Butterfield - Chief Inspector for Neighbourhood Policing
- Chief Inspector Chris Nixon - Neighbourhood Policing
- Inspector Yasar Noori - Safer Neighbourhood Team, Metropolitan Police Service
- John Richards - Head of Community Safety, London Borough of Redbridge
- Valerie Scanlon - Community Safety Officer
- Head of Civic Pride & Enforcement, London Borough of Redbridge
- Habib Rehman - Chair of the Police Independent Advisory Group
- Stephen Phillips - Representative of Independent Custody Visitor Panel
- Julie Bradley - Stop & Search Community Monitoring Group
- Will McIntosh - Redbridge Secondary Headteacher
- Two Representatives of Redbridge Youth Council
- Two Redbridge Neighbourhood Watch Ward Coordinators.
Ward Panel Representatives
- Lucky Azfal
- Noel Judge - Chair of Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood board
- Varsha Joshi
- Dennis Weeks
Voluntary and Community Groups
Voluntary and Community Sector organisations are represented as follows:
- AgeUK Redbridge
- Anti-Tribalism Movement
- Frenford Clubs
- Jewish Care, social and community support.
- One Place East
- Redbridge Equalities & Community Council
- Redbridge Faith Forum
- Refugee & Migrant Forum of Essex and London.
The RSNB meets four times a year and all meetings are held in public. Non-members of the Board may raise questions for a limited time at the end of each agenda.
Please note that meetings are held in person. Members of the public are asked to register to attend here.
Officers and Administrator
The Chair of the Board is Noel Judge, representing Chadwell Ward Panel.
The Vice-chair of the Board is Julie Bradley, representing Stop and Search Monitoring Group.
If you would like any further information about the work of the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board, please contact Jane Leighton via email