RedbridgeCVS is funded by the Mayor’s Office for Policing & Crime (MOPAC) to administer the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board (RSNB).
The functions of the board are:
- Establish policing priorities in the borough by bringing together the priorities identified by the Ward and Neighbourhood Panels and feeding in to the Redbridge Safer Communities Partnership Board.
- Monitor crime performance and community confidence.
- Question the police and local authority about issues within their remit relating to crime and community safety
- Discuss issues of concern to local communities related to crime and community safety.
The current membership of the RSNB is:
- Cllr Bob Littlewood - Cabinet Member for Crime, Safety & Community Cohesion
- Cllr Khayer Chowdhury
- Superintendent Shabnam Chaudhri - MPS
- Chief Inspector Mark Long - MPS
- Inspector Lee Canter - MPS
- Mark Benbow - Head of Civic Pride and Enforcement, LB Redbridge
- Habib Rehman - Chair of the police Independent Advisory Group
- Simon McKenzie - Representative of Independent Custody Visitor Panel
- Tara Poore - Victim Support
- 2 representatives of Redbridge Youth Council
Ward Panel representatives:
- Lucky Azfal
- Julie Bradley
- Noel Judge
- Deborah Selner
Neighbourhood Watch representative:
- John Walden
Voluntary and Community Groups
Ten Voluntary and Community Sector organisations as follows:
- AgeUK Redbridge
- Frenford Clubs
- Redbridge Disability Consortium
- Redbridge Equalities & Community Council
- Redbridge Faith Forum
- Redbridge Pensioners Forum
- Refugee & Migrant Forum of Essex and London
- Redbridge Rainbow Community
Meetings and Officers
The RSNB meets 4 times a year and all meetings are held in public. Non members of the boards may raise questions for a limited time at the end of each agenda.
The next meetings are planned for:
6pm Wednesday 25 July 2018 please note change of date
This meeting will incorporate a Stop & Search demonstration by police officers, with participation and feedback from some of the young people from Frenford Clubs.
The meeting will take place in the Junior Common Room, Frenford Clubs, Jack Carter Centre, The Drive, Ilford IG1
Papers for the meeting can be downloaded on the right hand side of this page.
6pm Wednesday 17 October 2018 (venue to be confirmed)
The Chair of the Board is Julie Bradley representing a ward panel
The Vice-Chair of the Board is Nicholas Hurst from Frenford Clubs
The administrator for the board is Liz Pearce at RedbridgeCVS email@example.com
If you would like any further information on the work of the RSNB then please contact Liz Pearce on 020 3874 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org