RedbridgeCVS is funded by the Mayor’s Office for Policing & Crime (MOPAC) to administer the Redbridge Safer Neighbourhood Board (RSNB).
The functions of the board are:
- Establish policing priorities in the borough by bringing together the priorities identified by the Ward and Neighbourhood Panels and feeding in to the Redbridge Safer Communities Partnership Board.
- Monitor crime performance and community confidence.
- Question the police and local authority about issues within their remit relating to crime and community safety
- Discuss issues of concern to local communities related to crime and community safety.
The current membership of the RSNB is:
- Cllr Bob Littlewood - Cabinet Member for Crime, Safety & Community Cohesion
- Cllr Khayer Chowdhury
- Superintendent Shabnam Chaudhri - MPS
- Chief Inspector Mark Long - MPS
- Inspector Lee Canter - MPS
- Mark Benbow - Head of Civic Pride and Enforcement, LB Redbridge
- Habib Rehman - Chair of the police Independent Advisory Group
- Simon McKenzie - Representative of Independent Custody Visitor Panel
- Tara Poore - Victim Support
- 2 representatives of Redbridge Youth Council
Ward Panel representatives:
- Lucky Azfal
- Julie Bradley
- Noel Judge
- Deborah Selner
Voluntary and Community Groups
Ten Voluntary and Community Sector organisations as follows:
- AgeUK Redbridge
- Frenford Clubs
- Redbridge Disability Consortium
- Redbridge Equalities & Community Council
- Redbridge Faith Forum
- Redbridge Pensioners Forum
- Refugee & Migrant Forum of Essex and London
- Redbridge Rainbow Community
Meetings and Officers
The RSNB meets 4 times a year and all meetings are held in public. Non members of the boards may raise questions for a limited time at the end of each agenda.
The next meeting is planned for:
6pm Thursday 15 November 2018, 1st floor Boardroom, Frenford Clubs, The Drive, Ilford, IG1 3PS Please note change of date
The Chair of the Board is Julie Bradley representing a ward panel
The Vice-Chair of the Board is Nicholas Hurst from Frenford Clubs
The administrator for the board is Liz Pearce at RedbridgeCVS email@example.com
If you would like any further information on the work of the RSNB then please contact Liz Pearce on 020 3874 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org