All RedbridgeCVS’s training is designed to upskill staff and volunteers, while increasing organisational resilience. For autumn/winter 2021-22 we are delighted to bring you a programme of training, including brand new courses, that build on your learning as you progress through each series. Some will be in-venue (all being well), and others online. We look forward to welcoming you.
Training is free for RedbridgeCVS member organisations.
For the past year we have been able to offer training free to all, to help local organisations cope with the effects of the pandemic. From October we are continuing our support with free training to RedbridgeCVS members, and reduced fees for non-members compared to 2019/20.
As well as free courses for members, courses are free for volunteers signed up with Volunteer Centre Redbridge. Please note: you must be 19 or over and live in London. Any difficulty, please contact 07494 898892.
If your organisation isn’t a member of RedbridgeCVS, it’s easy to join – just complete the form here.
Fees for non-members are as follows:
|Organisation type||Full day||Half day|
|Voluntary organisation, income under £50,000||£36||£18|
|Voluntary organisation, income £50,000 to £100,000||£52||£26|
|Voluntary organisation, income over £100,000||£68||£34|
|Public sector organisation||£120||£60|
|Private sector organisation||£200||£100|
For more details of our courses, see below - or download our autumn/winter 2021-22 training brochure.
The courses are grouped into six categories. Click on the title of a course for more details. You can book for any of the courses here.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion series
- NEW! Introduction to the principles of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) - Weds 20 October
- NEW! How to be an EDI Ally: actively co-creating inclusive organisations - Mon 17 January
- NEW! Inclusive language - Weds 26 January
- NEW! Service Inclusion & Allyship: Understanding issues facing LGBT+ communities - Mon 7 February
- NEW! Becoming trauma aware - Mon 6 December
- NEW! Developing trauma informed practice - Weds 12 January
NEW! Solution focused approaches to working in the voluntary sector - Weds 19 January
Organisational Capacity-building series
- NEW! Reconnecting with your volunteers post lockdown - Mon 18 October
- NEW! How to raise funds for your organisation - Mon 22 November
- NEW! Emergency First Aid at work - Weds 1 December (1-day course, also runs on 24 January))
- NEW! Chairing meetings with confidence - Mon 13 December
- NEW! Emergency First Aid at work - Mon 24 January (1-day course, also runs on 1 December)
NEW! Get started on your business plan - Mon 31 January
Digital Development series
- Using Facebook groups and pages to organise & promote your work - Weds 24 November
NEW! Developing an Effective IT Strategy for your Organisation - Thurs 24 February
- Safeguarding adults - Weds 17 November
- Domestic abuse awareness - Mon 29 November
Safeguarding children & young people - Weds 9 February
Wellbeing Skills series